The scholarship program is a major part of the Fresno Women’s Network purpose to promote the professional and personal development of both men and women in the community. The Fresno Women's Network Scholarship Program is funded by events held throughout the year, including the Net At Night trade show and monthly luncheon raffle ticket sales.
Businesses and individuals who are not members of the Network can also support the development of these exceptional individuals by contacting the Scholarship Committee Chair or the Network office regarding donations.
If you know of someone who may be eligible for this program, please have them contact the chair of the Scholarship Committee or contact the Fresno Women’s Network office.
- All applications, included required components identified in the application packet, must be postmarked on or before March 31, 2013. Incomplete applications packets will not be considered.
- The Scholarship Committee will interview finalists.
- Incomplete applications packets will not be considered.
- Finalists will be interviewed. One or more scholarships may be recommended to the Board of Directors of the Fresno Women’s Network. The committee and the Board reserve the right not to award any scholarship, if appropriate, and carry forward the funds to be awarded in the future.
- The Scholarship Committee and the Board of Director’s of the Fresno Women’s Network reserve the right not to award any scholarship if awardee does not fulfill requirements set forth. The funds will then carry forward to be awarded in the future.
- The 2013 scholarships will be presented at the June 11, 2013 Fresno Women’s Network luncheon. It is expected that recipients will attend, unless extenuating circumstances dictate otherwise. Should this arise the applicant needs to notify the Fresno Women’s Network prior to the luncheon date.
- Privacy of the applicant’s files, personal information, and committee recommendations will be strictly observed. These files will be maintained by the Fresno Women’s Network office for a minimum of two years and then destroyed.
- To apply for a Fresno Women's Network Scholarship, please download the application.
- The applicant must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- The applicant must have completed a minimum of 12 units, must be currently enrolled in an accredited educational institution at the time the award is solicited and must be continuing his or her education in the Fall of 2013.
- The applicant must have a minimum of a 3.0.
- The applicant must be a resident of Fresno, Madera, Kings, or Tulare County
- Applications will be considered on the basis of demonstrated scholastic merit, community involvement, financial need, and stated goals and career objectives.
- § The number of scholarships granted and the amount of each scholarship may vary based upon the stated criteria.